Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with L2TP with Cisco 3845

asad747
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

I have the following scenario for my dailup network.

MaxTNT(LAC) ---Ethernet--- Cisco3845 (LNS)

I have configuered MaxTNT Dailup server to act as LAC and launch a L2TP Tunnel after authenticating with Radius Server. Cisco 3845 acting as LNS estblishes L2TP tunnel with LAC and Dailup Users get connected on it as VPDNpppOE users.

However problem i am facing is that i don't receieve any authentication request on Cisco LNS. As soon as user gets connect it sents Accouting Request only.

I need authorization request in order to Push various different AVP from radius. But its not happening.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong here?? is thre any specific parameter i need to set up Cisoc.. or on MaxTNT????

Waiting for reply

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

To enable the Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol (L2TP) tunnel server or network access server (NAS) to perform remote authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) tunnel authentication and authorization, use the vpdn tunnel authorization network command in global configuration mode. To disable remote tunnel authentication and authorization and return to the default of local tunnel authentication and authorization, use the no form of this command.

vpdn tunnel authorization network {list-name | default}

no vpdn tunnel authorization network {list-name | default}

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

To enable the Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol (L2TP) tunnel server or network access server (NAS) to perform remote authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) tunnel authentication and authorization, use the vpdn tunnel authorization network command in global configuration mode. To disable remote tunnel authentication and authorization and return to the default of local tunnel authentication and authorization, use the no form of this command.

vpdn tunnel authorization network {list-name | default}

no vpdn tunnel authorization network {list-name | default}

Yes thanks alot

I was missing this 'no l2tp tunnel authentication'

Cisco by default uses authentication even if no authentication command is given.