Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with VPN timeout on Cisco ASA5505

Hi i'm sorry if it's vague, but i'm coming here without any  config simply because i don't have access.

At work we have 1 Cisco ASA5505 which is used for IPSEC VPN only.

We have 4-5 users that work 100% from the VPN (8h per day 40h per week)

The problem we have will be the disconnection.

We have 1 user that will never never never have the problem (he can stay log all 8h if he wants to)

The 2nd user can get disconnected, but mostly if the VPN stays on for too long without any action.

Me and the other user can get frequent Disconnection in a day, but  it's all random (1 days i can get disconnected 0 times and the next day 3 times)

I am using Mac OS 10.7 (just like the one that never gets disconnected and the one that gets disconnected randomly)

The other person who gets disconnected alot is on Windows 7 32 bits with Cisco Client.

On my side when i get disconnected there is 2 problem i see (it will happen to the windows person too)

1) When i'm working on servers sometimes i won't be able to click anywhere and i see that my connection is still on, so i need to close it manually wait 2 minutes then reconnect.

2) When i check my VPN connection it simply disconnected alone.

Thanks for possible solutions.   (also the windows client had another PC Before and she said it never disconnected, but it started on new PC)  (Before she was on WinXP)

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies