Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with VPN on C891FW

anzepetelinkar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we bought Cisco router C891FW and we are having problems with VPN. We can use it for one week and after that there is no free memory on router and access to VPN in no longer possible. We have to reload the router to make it work again. Please let us know the solution to fix this problem.

Regards,

Anže

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what errors are you getting on the router to show its out of memory when you console in , is it mem alloc failures ? it could be a leak and requires an ios upgrade to fix , did you collect the buffer outputs or memory outputs from the router when it occurs to check ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what errors are you getting on the router to show its out of memory when you console in , is it mem alloc failures ? it could be a leak and requires an ios upgrade to fix , did you collect the buffer outputs or memory outputs from the router when it occurs to check ?

Dear Mark,

yes we get an error "mem alloc failures". I did not collect the buffer outputs or memory outputs from the router. I will install new IOS and then I will see if the reason was an old IOS. If not then i will check buffer and memory outputs. Thanks for your answer.

Anže

If you were getting those alerts 9 times out of 10 its a memory software leak , if you upgrade to a newer image it should fix it for you , try select one with the star beside it as there known to be less buggy(safe harbor image)