cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Product License Registration

teymur azimov
Level 1
Level 1

Wrong Sku(s) 'L-ASA-SSL-50=' for 'ASA5505-UL-BUN-K9' : Device contains following licenses 'ASA5505-SW-UL,ASA5500-ENCR-K9'
Serial Number = JMX1519Z19W
We're sorry, but the new serial number provided is not the same platform type as the failed serial number. An upgrade request is not allowed.
If you would like any assistance in the resolution of this issue, please open a Service Request using the TAC Service Request Tool at

the problem is wrong serial number or ios? 

show version:

ciscoasa# show version

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.4(1)
Device Manager Version 6.4(1)

Compiled on Mon 31-Jan-11 02:11 by builders
System image file is "disk0:/asa841-k8.bin"
Config file at boot was "startup-config"

ciscoasa up 238 days 4 hours

Hardware:   ASA5505, 512 MB RAM, CPU Geode 500 MHz
Internal ATA Compact Flash, 128MB
BIOS Flash M50FW016 @ 0xfff00000, 2048KB

Encryption hardware device : Cisco ASA-5505 on-board accelerator (revision 0x0)
                             Boot microcode        : CN1000-MC-BOOT-2.00
                             SSL/IKE microcode     : CNLite-MC-SSLm-PLUS-2.03
                             IPSec microcode       : CNlite-MC-IPSECm-MAIN-2.06
                             Number of accelerators: 1

0: Int: Internal-Data0/0    : address is e8b7.4862.4be1, irq 11
1: Ext: Ethernet0/0         : address is e8b7.4862.4bd9, irq 255
2: Ext: Ethernet0/1         : address is e8b7.4862.4bda, irq 255
3: Ext: Ethernet0/2         : address is e8b7.4862.4bdb, irq 255
4: Ext: Ethernet0/3         : address is e8b7.4862.4bdc, irq 255
5: Ext: Ethernet0/4         : address is e8b7.4862.4bdd, irq 255
6: Ext: Ethernet0/5         : address is e8b7.4862.4bde, irq 255
7: Ext: Ethernet0/6         : address is e8b7.4862.4bdf, irq 255
8: Ext: Ethernet0/7         : address is e8b7.4862.4be0, irq 255
9: Int: Internal-Data0/1    : address is 0000.0003.0002, irq 255
10: Int: Not used            : irq 255
11: Int: Not used            : irq 255

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces       : 8              perpetual
VLANs                             : 3              DMZ Restricted
Dual ISPs                         : Disabled       perpetual
VLAN Trunk Ports                  : 0              perpetual
Inside Hosts                      : Unlimited      perpetual
Failover                          : Disabled       perpetual
VPN-DES                           : Enabled        perpetual
VPN-3DES-AES                      : Enabled        perpetual
AnyConnect Premium Peers          : 2              perpetual
AnyConnect Essentials             : Disabled       perpetual
Other VPN Peers                   : 10             perpetual
Total VPN Peers                   : 25             perpetual
Shared License                    : Disabled       perpetual
AnyConnect for Mobile             : Disabled       perpetual
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone    : Disabled       perpetual
Advanced Endpoint Assessment      : Disabled       perpetual
UC Phone Proxy Sessions           : 2              perpetual
Total UC Proxy Sessions           : 2              perpetual
Botnet Traffic Filter             : Disabled       perpetual
Intercompany Media Engine         : Disabled       perpetual

This platform has a Base license.

Serial Number: JMX1519Z19W

12 Replies 12

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Licensing problems I've usually handled through TAC (as suggested in the error message) or from our companys Cisco contact.

Not really an expert on this topic but it seems like you are trying to add VPN licensing

It seems like you might have been provided with a code for license upgrade that doesnt match your hardware maybe?

Also your show version seem abit strange.

Its Base License which usually has by default 2 AnyConnect Premium VPN client users and 10 other type of VPN Client users (IPsec) in its license. I guess you have upgraded your VPN user amount at some point before this license you are trying to get?

Could there perhaps be some missunderstanding what type of VPN license you needed and you were provided with a wrong license PAK code.

My guess would be that you are using Cisco IPsec VPN client and have previously purchased a license for it to get the user amount to 25. Now you are planning to again upgrade again to 50 user license but you were provided with a 50 SSL VPN license (For AnyConnect and Clientless SSL VPN) and not the 50 VPN license for the IPsec VPN.

But this is just me guessing in the change this could help you determine the reason.

Maybe someone else can give a more specific reason.

Hope it was helpful

- Jouni

i check my other asa 5505 which is new one

show version

Licensed features for this platform:
Maximum Physical Interfaces    : 8
VLANs                          : 3, DMZ Restricted
Inside Hosts                   : Unlimited
Failover                       : Disabled
VPN-DES                        : Enabled
VPN-3DES-AES                   : Enabled
SSL VPN Peers                  : 2
Total VPN Peers                : 10
Dual ISPs                      : Disabled
VLAN Trunk Ports               : 0
Shared License                 : Disabled
AnyConnect for Mobile          : Disabled
AnyConnect for Cisco VPN Phone : Disabled
AnyConnect Essentials          : Disabled
Advanced Endpoint Assessment   : Disabled
UC Phone Proxy Sessions        : 2
Total UC Proxy Sessions        : 2
Botnet Traffic Filter          : Disabled

This platform has a Base license.

i  think someone befor me install licence at asa so when i want to regsitered this one the problem occur or the pak is buy for  other serial number.

what do you think?

Hi,

This line "L-ASA-SSL-50" would lead me to believe that the license you got is related to AnyConnect/Clientless SSL VPN licensing.

Seeing your original show ver shows that you dont have any previous SSL VPN licensing (not counting the default that comes with the Base License) leads me to believe that they provided you with a wrong PAK code or something?

Again I am not 100% sure but I thought that nowdays with new software if you want SSL VPN Client users licenses you will need AnyConnect Essentials also enable on your license.

What license where you trying to get? Do you use AnyConnect SSL VPN with ASA or the IPsec VPN (for which you have atleast the 25 user license) Which type of VPN were you trying to get the license for?

I guess you will have to settle this with the party that sold you the license or with Cisco.

- Jouni

i configurated clientless vpn at asa,(it is work) now i want to configure anyconnect vpn at same asa. i buy  ASA 5500 SSL VPN 50 Premium User License(because if i use two vpn(clientless and anyconnect) i need premium license not essential).

Hi,

Ok, I've missunderstood the licensing myself Seems Essentials only allows AnyConnect while Premium gives you both.

Guess you better contact the party that sold you the license or Cisco TAC. Or wait for someone to answer that has solid knowledge of licensing.

Personally I find the licensing in ASAs and endless maze and missleading. Atleast at my position where I dont have to deal with it much.

- Jouni

Hi,

It seems to be that the license was generated for a different device. Please contact the licensing department at licensing@cisco.com and open a TAC case if the need arises.

At this point, you might need to verify the license and make sure it was generated for the correct ASA.

Thanks.

i have ASA 5500 SSL VPN 50 Premium User License. i want also connect to anyconnect vpn from mobile.

do i need additional licence for mobile? or Premium User License have also mobile licence?

Yes, you need a Mobile license.

AnyConnect for Mobile          : Disabled

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_licensing_information_listing.html

Please let me know if you have further questions.

* Please do not forget to rate the posts if you find some help.

thank you very much to reply me. You said that i need Anyconnect for Mobile licence for mobile user.

i have one more question. is it possible I install both licence( Premium User and Mobile) at same ASA.

because i know that i can not install both of licence (Essentials and Premium User) at same ASA.

thanks.

Yes it works to install both the Mobile and the Premium license. It would also work to install Mobile and Essentials licenses.

The mobile license is independent of the SSL license that you would install. And the good news is that the Mobile license is a license per box and not dependent on how many users (as the SSL licenses are).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thanks. do i need any additional configuartion for mobile anyconnect vpn at asa?

The configuration is the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: