cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RA VPN PIX 6.2

Kelvin Willacey
Level 4
Level 4

I am having trouble with remote access VPN on a PIX running 6.2, it's not getting pass phase 1 and the debug is saying that the attributes don't match. I am not sure if it is a VPN client issue or if it's a configuration issue, because the configuration is really simple.

Please see attached, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

I don't see from the configuration why phase 1 won't match.

Is there any firewall or device that might be blocking UDP 500 either in front of the PIX or on the client side?

What's the output of the ''sh cry isa sa det''

Federico.

Well the firewall I am trying to connect to is directly connected to the Internet and I can connect to other remote access VPNs from my machine all of which I have configured, although those configurations were all done on ASAs but this PIX is giving me a headache. Here is the output below:

pixfirewall# sh crypto isakmp sa detail
isakmp enable outside
isakmp identity address
isakmp policy 1 authentication pre-share
isakmp policy 1 encryption 3des
isakmp policy 1 hash sha
isakmp policy 1 group 2
isakmp policy 1 lifetime 86400

I just can't figure out why it would be failing on phase 1. Could the PIX have an issue with the version of my client? I am running 5.0.07.0290

The public IP where your client is coming from is 72.252.201.21?

Could be compatibility issues (the PIX OS is very old)

Check the ''show version'' because it seems that it will only work on PIX OS 6.2.2(122) or above.

Check this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client5007/release/notes/vpnclient5007.html

Federico.

Interesting that could be the issue since the PIX is only running 6.2.2

However the download site only has 4.8 as the oldest vpn client and I would love to be able to test it before telling them to upgrade. Does anyone know where I can get an older version of the vpn client?