Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

RDP to client connected via VPN

I have a customer whose user support staff will frequently RDP to a user PC when they are trying to resolve a problem. Recently they report that RDP does not work if the user is connected to the Enterprise network via VPN. We have many users who are remote and use VPN to access resources. So this issue is a matter of some concern. They report that RDP uised to work and now does not work. It appears to be a problem with both the AnyConnect client and with the IPSec client. Any ideas what causes this and what I can do about it?

Thanks

Rick

1 REPLY

RDP to client connected via VPN

Hey Richard,

Kind of hard to troubleshoot without looking at the config, but first and very basic question, RDP fails, but what about something else such as ping? Can they ping the VPN clients from the corporate network? If not then you might need to double check the VPN config and internal Routing of the corporate site.

Also, I've seen cases on which you need to reduce the TCP MSS in order to be able to RDP thru a VPN, in those cases it fails to due to fragamentation so reducing the TCP MSS does the trick.

To reduce the TCP MSS on the ASA use the following command:

sysopt connection tcpmss 1300.

Try 1300 to see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

Raga

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content