Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding IOS supporting Feature for GRE IPsec

Ramu Ch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have some queries regaridng IOS supporting features for Gre-IPSec Tunnel configuration.

In my Organisation we have Cisco C1841-IPBASE-M Router is there but we need to establish a Gre-IPsec tunnel ,it is not accespting the Crypto commands.

Can i Upgrade the IOS ,which IOS is supports VPN tunneling,If so what are the prerequisits and where can i download the software ? ,to download  the software do i need advance level of Cisco Privileges ? and  waht RAM & Flash details ?

By Summarizing my issues,

How can myself can decide that the IOS of Router for suppoting feautes and How can i determine the Right IOS to implement the Feature,If you help in this concept really i feeel that i am Network Engineer because i am getting confuse is the IOS supports the required featues and also  i am failing to determine the Right IOS.

Pls Help me on this. I have heard about Cisco Navigator Tool , How can i use that service ?

Pls see the Output of SH version of Cisco 1841 Router ,that we need to implement GRE-IPSec

Router#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-IPBASE-M), Version 12.4(17b), RELEASE S
OFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2008 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Mon 25-Feb-08 20:59 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router uptime is 28 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "flash:c1841-ipbase-mz.124-17b.bin"

Cisco 1841 (revision 7.0) with 97280K/33792K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FHK12162444
2 FastEthernet interfaces
2 Serial(sync/async) interfaces
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
191K bytes of NVRAM.
31360K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Regards

Ramu

2 Replies 2

Jitendriya Athavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi Ramu,

you need advance security or advanced entreprise image

you can check the release notes to see the hardware requirements, diff IOS have diff requirement and th erelease notes will tell you that

Thanks for the Info

Regards

Ramu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: