Views
Helpful
Replies

remote access vpn problem

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Pros,

Please find below the problem i am facing in one of my project.

The inside network 192.168.1.0/24,

after the remote vpn client conected he can not access the exchange server in this network with ip 192.168.1.2. The user telling that the remote PC also in 192.168.1.0/24 that is assigned by adsl ISP provided modem.

Due to that the customer asking to change the internal LAN IP from 192.168.1.0 to 172.16.0.0 range.

Is there any way to correct this issue without changeing the IP structure.

Thanks

swami

5 Replies 5

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Swami,

Double check the IP address that is being given to the remote VPN client?

The check if "split tunneling" is being used, if it is, you could turn it off.

Another option is to have the remove user change the IP address range that they use.

HTH.

Andrew,

Thanks for your help.

split tunnel is not on.

the remote user pool is 11.0.0.0/24.

Whenever the customer using coffee shop internet connection, they getting the problem.

Thanks

swami

michael.leblanc
Level 4
Level 4

If you look at the Transport tab of the Connection Properties (Cisco VPN Client), you will see a checkbox for a feature called "Allow Local LAN Access".

I believe:

If you de-select this, packets sent to 192.168.1.x addresses will go through the VPN tunnel when the tunnel is up, and to the local network when the tunnel is down.

Dear,

I will test it and come back to you

Thanks

swami

I am not 100% sure the "Allow Local LAN Access" un-check will fix this, as when I have configured this in the past, this also needs configuration at the head end.

You could try natting the internal LAN ip subnet over the VPN client connection?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: