Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote VPN and Smartphones

We are about to purchase an ASA 5510 Base K9 where I will have around 50 Remote Access IPSec Users connected . This will work fine however we have couple of non-PC devices which are IPAD OS 4 , BlackBerry Bold/Curv , HTC Android mobiles . I want to know if we can install Cisco Easy VPN Client on these devices

5 Replies 5

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are anyconnect versions avilable for iOS and Android - none for BlackBerry that I'm aware of (however this requires anyconnect mobile license).

As far as I remember all of those platforms support L2TP over IPsec, ASA also support this (best to run a very recent version of ASA to avoid problems 8.4.3 would be a good pick).

Can you confirm for me that if you don't have the mobile license, iPads and iPhones cannot connect with AnyConnect?

Steven,

All lab tests I've done, mobile clients have been failing without that license and anyconnect. Note that I've been testing with ASA 8.3 and 8.4. Cannot say, based on my own experience, about other versions.

The error popping up during failure doesn't make it east either :-)

M.

If these devices support L2TP With IPSEC , I can configure ASA for it and since ASA 5510 supports 250 IPSec sessions it will run fine .

To use the Anyconnect on smart phone like, ipad , iphone, you just need to get the Anyconnect Mobile License. The part number is L-ASA-AC-M-55XX, where XX is the last two digits of you ASA model number.

In your case, the complete part # is L-ASA-AC-M-5510

Hope this helps

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: