cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote vpn client unable to access outside networks

kope
Level 1
Level 1

I configured a remote vpn ASA 5510 using the remote vpn wizard. Users are able to get the vpn connection and access the Inside network; but UNABLE to

access the outside network. (For Inside network, i am referring to network behind the ASA vpn; the outside networks refers to the company's outside the ASA).

In brief, the company's outside network has default route points to the router1. The router1 has route for the inside network, and a default route to the internet. The ASA has a default route points to the router1. the router1 also has a route for the the remote vpn user's address points to the ASA.

Hope it make sense.

But I am not sure if my nat statement are correct. below is my nat statement, is there something obvious missing? There is no network translation here, all addresses are internet routable.

nat (inside) 0 access-list inside_nat0_outbound

static (inside,outside) 111.1.0.0 111.1.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

static (inside,outside) 111.1.1.0 111.1.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

static (inside,outside) 111.1.2.0 111.1.2.0 netmask 255.255.255.0

company's Outside networks (111.1.3.0/24; 111.1.4.0/24)

|

|

remote vpn user  <-------------- >  internet  <---------------------> router1 --------------ASA ---------Cat6509----------Inside network

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

did you enable "same-security-traffic intra-interface"

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

did you enable "same-security-traffic intra-interface"

Thank you! that fix it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: