cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Root and Intermediate Certifcate

martijngroenen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a probleme with installing a Certificate into the ASA. I have followed the following link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808b3cff.shtml but I keep getting a error bij installing the certificate that I received from my 3rd Party CA Vendor.

I have followed the instructions 5 times and I still get the error ERROR: Failed to parse or verify imported certificate or Certificate does not contain general purpose public key. I think that reason why I am getting this error is because of my certificate needs a root and intermerdiate certificate.

The certificate I want to install is Comodo PositiveSSL. So can anyone help me how I can solve this problem?

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check if you can decode it with SSL before you jump to conclusions.

Are you installing identity or SA/subCA certs? Is the cert based on a CSR or pre-genrated by CA?

I have checked the certiticate on my computer after I installed the root and intermediate certificate and certificate looks perfect.
I get tehe errors after I installed the root or intermediate certificate. So the questionnis how can I install a root and intermediate ceritficate.
The certificate is based on CSR.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

heck if you can decode it with SSL before you jump to conclusions.
Are you installing identity or SA/subCA certs? Is the cert based on a CSR or pre-genrated by CA?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: