Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing between two VPN Tunnels in Cisco RV042G WAN VPN Router

Hi,

We are planning to move some services in cloud. Due to our supplier already has a VPN connection with that cloud service provider, its not possible to have another VPN with them (cloud SP limitations). For this reason, we are planning to have a intermediate device, that will act as a bridge between the two VPNS. 

So our device will be sitting in the middle, terminate two VPN (cloud--us and us-supplier), and route traffic through two tunnels. 

Is it technically possible to achieve this scenario? we are planning this device Cisco RV042G Dual Gigabit WAN VPN Router. Will ASA 5520 be a better solution for this? or any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Ahmed

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,ASA supports this

Hi Ahmed,

ASA supports this setup (usually refereed to as Hair pinning/ U turning)
You can follow the given link to achieve this:-
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/67986-pix7x-asa-client-stick.html

Cisco RV should also support this deployment but I'd personally prefer ASA due to simplicity of configuration and troubleshooting.

Regards,
Dinesh Moudgil

P.S. Please rate helpful posts.

Hi Dinesh,Thanks, but what I

Hi Dinesh,

Thanks, but what I actually needed to know that there will be no internet traffic, rather the "Public Internet" will be replace by another VPN client and the traffic will flow from one client to the other.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

You can define the

You can define the interesting traffic that needs to be part of the VPN and it should allow you to access the resources.In this case , you can create an access-list that permits inside hosts and remote hosts to be able to send any traffic across VPN tunnel/  A little topology will definitely help here.

Regards,
Dinesh Moudgil

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content