Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV016 PPTP VPN and MacOSX

Hello, I have had an ongoing unresolved problem/issue regarding VPN tunnel connections (I am using PPTP) and Mac OSX. When I first established this within the network environment, I believe we were on version 10.4 of OSX, and it worked flawlessly. It seems since 10.5 and 10.6 I cannot establish a true connection to the router using this VPN method anymore. I can connect through my old G4 which is running 10.4 or 10.3, I can connect through my windows 7 PC, if I try to connect through my 10.5 macbook pro, it authenticates, I get a connection, but I cannot ping any networked devices, it is as if I am connected to the router and that is it, then after about 40 seconds I get a message "the local site has terminated the connection check with your network adminstrator...", I get the exact same behavior even from my IPod. I am creating the VPN connection configuration in my network system preferences, I have even attempted to use a third party VPN connection utility with no luck.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to resolve the issue? I have been searching it feels like forever on a solution of being able to use VPN again on Macs, we are a small business and this greatly benefits employees who need to work and get files from home etc. I appreciate any help and solutions. Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies