Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV082 <=> RV082 over FIOS, looking for config help

Hi

I am a neo"fight", relativly speaking, trying to configure 2 locations with a VPN tunnel.

I am able to ping the two routers, and have network printers setup and can print from one location to the other. I can also login to the admin of both routers from either location.

It appears I am not sending packets out from either location. (based on logs)

Now the "complication" and the "goal".

The complication (maybe) is that this is not a server based network, but a Workgroup, with 2 different workgroups, 1 at each end.

The goal is to have the computers at location 2 talk to a specific computer at location 1. They do not need to talk to all the other computers.

I would prefer to have a bidirectional tunnel, and the ability for all to talk, but it is not a requirement.

I am willing to, for now, settle for a VPN Client connection from each PC in location 2 to the PC in location 1, but would again prefer a working tunnel.

I am of the opion that I have to configure an IPSEC Policy for each PC that is the same (probably 2 policies, one for each location with IPs inverted). All the PCs are XP Pro, and it appears that there are 3 default policies, and 2 default filters, which are not set to active.

Finaly, I am probably fighting local Norton products, but for now have diabled them.

I am trying to:

1 - confirm that this is a correct analysis of the problem, and reasonable approch. ie need a local policy for each PC

2 - look for specific reccomendations of a security policy that is substantialy easy to manage, meaning in part leverages the default router config for the RV082 (Ike w/ preshare, Phase 1- group1 DES, MD5, 28800, PFS on, Phase 2 - DES, MD5, 3600, and my key). I am willing to use a simple manual key if apporopriate, and easier. Also local IPSec config.

I have previously posted under an other topic, but as I learn, it appears this may be a more appropriate location.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Getting%20Started%20with%20LANs&topicID=.ee7c7c1&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd4ea17

Regards

Steven

Note to moderator - please contact me if I am mismanaging topics

Views
Helpful
Replies