cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082

abtrooper82
Level 1
Level 1

I have recenly installed a RV082 with two ADSL modems connected to Broadband lines. Access to our networks is done via VPN accounts configured on Windows Vista laptops. The VPN network works fine and everyone has access to their network data and the Intranet/Internet.

I'm having problems with connecting a network printer to access over the VPN. We have managed to get a IBM1532 network printer working using the following network details by allowing the IP address of the printer through our VPN network/firewall.

IP address 192.168.1.200 - Printer

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0 - Printer

IP gateway 192.168.1.1 - RV082

DHCP = Off - Printer

We had to connect a Xerox C2424 workstation printer on site, so we configured the device using the same network details as the IBM printer, connected it to one of the available ports on one of the Broadband modems but we could not get the printer to be seen or connected to using this setup.

However I connect  my own Home Laptop PC configured with the IP port settings above directly to the same modem as the Xerox printer this works but only after we changed the IP gateway address on the printer to match the modem.

If I switch on DHCP on the printer it finds the IP gateway address of the RV082 but will not allow us to send anything to it.

As the ADSL lines are on a Dynamic IP rather than Static, I suspect this may be the problem but need to make sure there is nothing else I have missed which may also be causing the problem.

It has been a while since I played around with networks, so my skills are a bit rusty so I would appreciate any help

2 Replies 2

Herbert Baerten
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

since this question is about a product in the Cisco Small Business / Linksys range, I suggest you move it to the community, where you will have a better chance of getting expert advice.

best regards,

Herbert
Cisco Moderator

I thought I had in the first instance, but I also moved it across to it's current location

as there appeared to be a few other people with questions around the use of RV082.

Since doing this, I have now had a reply from someone else who is looking at the problem.