Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RVL200 as a PPTP Client?

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a permanent VPN connection for an Expat. We've got an RV042 set up on site to act as the server, and an RVL200 as a client. This RVL200 will be behind a home router, so it needs to initiate the connection every time; the site side router won't be able to see it behind the Expat's home router.

I've got a PPTP server set up on the RV042, and I'm trying to get the RVL200 to connect to it as a client. Is there any way to do so, or will we need to go with another option? Because on the RV042, I see no way to set up an SSL server of any kind; only a direct SSL Tunnel, which won't work as again, the RV042 will not be able to see the RVL200.

Thank You in Advance,

Travis Fitzgerald

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY

RVL200 as a PPTP Client?

Anyone who knows if this is possible? My manager is currently waiting on this, and I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else. If this isn't possible, I can bring in another peice of hardware to act as an SSL server.

Views
Helpful
Replies