Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

rvs4000 to rvs4000 VPN is up but can't access network resources

UPDATE: I got this to work. For anyone else having a similar problem, my mistake was the security groups. When I change the local & remote security group to subnet rather than IP everything started working.

Hi all,

I'm setting up a site to site VPN with 2 rvs4000 devices.

I have Network A with:

ISP Router: IP 68.x.x.x - ISP Gateway passing all traffic

Goes to a hub which splits to

Hardware Firewall: WAN IP 68.x.x.x/Gateway: ISP Router/LAN IP: 192.168.1.1

RVS4000: WAN IP 68.x.x.x/Gateway: ISP Router/LAN IP: 192.168.1.150

Network B:

RVS4000: WAN IP 24.x.x.x/Lan IP: 192.168.0.1

VPN is up. I have a static route on the hardware firewall at Network A pushing traffic for 192.168.0.0 (Network B) to 192.168.1.150 (RVS4000 at Network A)

I can't use Network A's RVS4000 to ping the LAN IP of Network B's RVS4000 even though VPN says up.

I can't use Network B's RVS4000 to ping the LAN IP of Network A's RVS4000 even though VPN says up.

I can't ping any remote LAN IPs from the either opposite/remote site.

Both RVS4000 are in gateway mode.

Both RVS4000 have their firewalls disabled.

Both RVS4000 are allowing everything from LAN ->WAN and WAN->LAN

Any help on establishing LAN to LAN communication would be appreciated - I figure my setup is accurate considering the 2 boxes are connecting. Their security is set to "Local Security Group Type" IP Address / "Remote Security Group Type" IP Address.

The goal of this is to have RF scanners on Network B access a parent software system on Network A without running a VPN client on the scanner itself. I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks!

• VPN
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.