Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEC, VSEC or HVSEC bundle

Hi all,

Its mentioned on the Cisco Website that to configure Get VPN on Cisco 2811 either SEC, VSEC or HVSEC bundle or equvivalent is required. I couldnt understand what SEC, VSEC or HVSEC bundle is. Is is a license or an IOS version? You may see more on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6635/ps7180/product_data_sheet0900aecd80582067.html

Thanks in advance.

-Jay

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

Re: SEC, VSEC or HVSEC bundle

jay.kishan wrote:

Hi all,

Its mentioned on the Cisco Website that to configure Get VPN on Cisco 2811 either SEC, VSEC or HVSEC bundle or equvivalent is required. I couldnt understand what SEC, VSEC or HVSEC bundle is. Is is a license or an IOS version? You may see more on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6635/ps7180/product_data_sheet0900aecd80582067.html

Thanks in advance.

-Jay

Jay

A bundle is the base hardware with additional cards etc. designed for a certain purpose. So for example with the 2800 series routers you can purchase a security bundle which is the base 2811 chassis with the relevant cards and correct IOS for all the features you need. Have a look at this link for 2800 security bundles -

2800 security bundles

Jon

Well thanks for your reply. I actually got your point. I am trying to configure GetVPN for my firm and we have a 2811 (512/128) with Advance Enterprise IOS version 12.4(15)T8. It supports GetVPN. But is there any thing else I need for GetVPN? Any license required or hardware module that I need for GetVPN to work? I am just testing it currently between three Cisco 2811.

Thanks in advance.

- Jay

I have one more favor to ask.

Can some one provide me with sample configurations for three or more routers GetVPN configuration. That will be a great help. I am looking for the same myself and have found a few things but i would really appreciate a consolidated scenario type sample configurations.

Thanks in advance.

- Jay

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content