Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Security Context Based VPN Concentrator - is there one?

I work for an ISP and we are looking to provide a centrally hosted VPN concentrator which can be shared between our customers.

We are currently offering a similar firewall solution with a PIX-525 and Security Contexts - however PIX v7 with Security Contexts does not support VPN's at this time.

Do anyone know:

1. If the PIX will support VPNs with Security Contexts anytime soon?

2. If the VPN3000 or ASA will support Security Context VPNs?

I understand that the VPN3000 supports group policies and 802.1Q so I assume we could ‘push’ a VPN user to a VLAN - however the customers may have the same IP addressing schemes in which case this wouldn't work as there’s still only a single routing table on the VPN3000.

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

• VPN
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Security Context Based VPN Concentrator - is there one?

Enable split tunneling on the VPN Concentrator.

Navigate to Configuration > Traffic Management > Policy Management > Network Lists and create a network list to define the traffic you want to pass across the tunnel. Go to Configuration > User Management > Groups, select the group and click MODIFY.

Click the Mode/Client Config tab, and set up the split tunneling.

Point the VPN Concentrator's tunnel default gateway to a router on the inside. Access this setting by navigating to Configuration > System > IP Routing > Default Gateways.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.