Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Security IOS

I have heard any product of security involving encryption gets delay with shipment , this is because govt. authorities need to verify it before shipment . Products can be Cisco ASA , Cisco IOS Security License , ACS , etc etc .

Now if that is true , I am assuming every security device gets processed through a specific process and considering the fact that cisco sells tons of equipments on daily basis if not weekly , are the authorities that free to just check of of the products ? Even if they check it somehow what kind of things they check .

Or maybe there is no delay in shipment of security products and they come in at same time as other normal products and what I have heard is not correct.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Security IOS

Typically there is a restriciton on importing/exporting wares containing cryptography.

This is based on individual agreements between countries, not on company level (with a few notable exceptions).

Typically the authorities will check if product conforms to some rules that are set.

This can take for no time at all, up to few months - and (usuall) there is nothing that a company, even major player can do.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content