Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Security IOS

I have heard any product of security involving encryption gets delay with shipment , this is because govt. authorities need to verify it before shipment . Products can be Cisco ASA , Cisco IOS Security License , ACS , etc etc .

Now if that is true , I am assuming every security device gets processed through a specific process and considering the fact that cisco sells tons of equipments on daily basis if not weekly , are the authorities that free to just check of of the products ? Even if they check it somehow what kind of things they check .

Or maybe there is no delay in shipment of security products and they come in at same time as other normal products and what I have heard is not correct.

1 Reply 1

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Typically there is a restriciton on importing/exporting wares containing cryptography.

This is based on individual agreements between countries, not on company level (with a few notable exceptions).

Typically the authorities will check if product conforms to some rules that are set.

This can take for no time at all, up to few months - and (usuall) there is nothing that a company, even major player can do.