cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup additional IP space on PIX outside interface

dsc_tech_1
Level 1
Level 1

We have been assigned a new block of IPs xxx.xxx.69.0/28 in different range to our existing ips xxx.xxx.94.145/28. The new block is being routed directly to our existing outside interface xxx.xxx.94.146. I would like to add this new block to the outside interface then NAT the addresses to private internal networks like we do at present for xxx.xxx.94.146/28 to 192.168.101.0/24.

Is this possible on a PIX 515 Restricted Version 7.0(7)?

Do I need a new interface/sub interface?

Can I do it without a VLAN our switches don't support them?

Any help much appreciated

4 Replies 4

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi, you do not need to create another interface , if the new ip block is being routed through your existing ISP and as long your ISP is pointing/routing the new IP block back to your ASA outside interface that is enough to start using new ip block in asa , you simply create your NAT in the firewall.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

David, are you all set with your inquiry, if you need further assistance on setting up your new Ip block in your firewall let us know..

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

> you simply create your NAT in the firewall.

Ok. We currently have the following NAT.

nat-control

global (outside) 1 interface

nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

Does that mean I can just add static mappings from outside to inside using the new public range?

Do I need to change the nat config?

I will up the logging and start testing.

Does that mean I can just add static mappings from outside to inside using the new public range?

Yes, in your new range xxx.xxx.69.0/28 you'll have 14 addresses, depening on what your requirements are, you can utilize them either as NAT pools or static mappings for your servers..

for example

you already have global(outside) 1 interface and na (inside) 1 0 0 PATing your inside users with global interface IP, now on your new ip block you can create new static nats:

static (inside,outside ) pub_ip private ip etc..

for eaxmple you can create new PAT pool using to or three IPs from your new IP block range for outbound connections , and have certain inside subnets use that pool

e.i

global (outside) 2 xxx.xxx.69.1-xxx.xxx.69.3

nat (inside) 2

or have another PAT using single addres beide your outside interface and have just dmz network use that new PAT instead of outside interface.

global (outside) 3 xxx.xxx.69.4

nat (dmz) 3

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez