Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup VPN Cisco 861

hermandely
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to setup a simple VPN on a small network, nothing special, just to provide access to some simple resources on the network from anywhere. Since I'm not a Cisco expert, I was advised to user a 861 router, but I just can't seem to get the VPN working on this device.

I've placed the router behind a modem and did some basic configuration. Hosts who are connected to the modem (on the Vlan side) can access the internet and can setup a VPN connection to the router. A VPN connection from inside the network is worthless, but I just can't get the VPN working on the FastEthernet4 connection.

Does anyone has a VPN config for a 861 router for this situation? Or could someone tell me how to configure this device as a VPN server?

Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

DD26111983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just wanted to ask same question.

Did you solve that problem, or do you have any materials or instructions where I can learn how to configure my 861 router.

Thanks in advance,

Danijel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: