Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous VPN client connectins to multiple locations

sreddy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I have a cisco VPN client [4.0.2(D)].

I need to know if it is possible to establish vpn connections to two different locations simultaneously using cisco vpnclient.

I have two PIX firewalls running 6.3.3 in two remote locations (location A and location B) using pre-shared-key VPN setup for vpnclients.

Currently if I have to talk to hosts in location B while I have a vpn connection with location A, I have to disconnect the vpn from location A and establish a connection with location B. This is really painful.

Requirement: I need to establish vpn connections to both location A and location B simultaneously. I couldn't find any documents in cisco supporting this feature.

Please let me know if this is possible and it'll be really helpful if I could get any tips and links to relevant topic.

Thanks,

Shekar

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not possible, and from what I've read, there are no plans to introduce this functionality either.

If this is something you really want, please contact your Cisco AM and have them enter in a PERS (enhancement) request for it. The more people that ask for a new feature, the faster it gets in. Thanks for your time.

So, this is a vpn client software limitation not a VPN server (PIX, Concentrator) limitation right?

If anybody knows any workarounds for this problem, please let me know.

Thanks,

Shekar