cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN - ACL placement???

softwareadmin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a site-to-site VPN setup between two offices site A and site B. Can someone tell me where I would place my ACL's (on site A's PIX) to restrict traffic from the site B to specific hosts/ports at site A.

TIA

6 Replies 6

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

What version of pix?

If you disable sysopt connection permit-ipsec you can then write the access inbound to the outside interface of pix A. If you use that command, this will filter all ipsec traffic to pix A.

singhsaju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

You can bind access-list to the inside interface of PIX but remember this access-list would be inbound .

For example:

access-list 120 deny ip host 172.16.10.10 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0

access-list 120 permit ip any any

access-group 120 in interface inside

HTH

Saju

Pls rate if it helps

site A has a PIX running 6.3(5)

I already have an access-list associated with my inside interface. I was thinking I could put it there, but wasn't sure.

So I could say:

object-group network DB_Servers

network-object host 2.2.2.3

network-object host 2.2.2.4

object-group service DB_Server_Ports tcp-udp

port-object eq 1521

port-object eq 3306

access-list my_acl permit ip host 1.1.1.1 object-group DB_Servers DB_Server_Ports

**Is the permit statement correct using "ip"?

Your original post sounds like you were filtering traffic originating from site B destined to site A. If this is the case, filtering traffic into the inside interface of site A won't work. You would want to put an inside acl on site B.

I agree with Adam , try to put acl on site B instead of site A.

In this particular case that will work fine as I have access to both ends of the tunnel.

However, if I had no access to the other end, like if it were a contractor. How would I protect myself from something coming into my network across the tunnel from their network?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: