Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Site to Site VPN and active directory

Dear Network Admins,

Quick question. We are a head office and we have Oracle servers in our organization. These Oracle servers are accessible with 15 remote sites using Site to Site VPN which is configured at Cisco ASA which is at head office. Now my question to you is. If we purchase and implement Windows server at our head office. Will one windows Server will be enough to all 16 remote locations users orelse we need to purchase and setup windows server for each and every remote location. Please let me know. Thank you.

Can 15 remote locations users join 1 domain remotely using with the help of site to site VPN which is already configured . I know its a funny question. I just want to learn. Thank you.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Re: Site to Site VPN and active directory

The real answer depends on the latency of the WAN links. If the links are fast enough so that the round-trip times are low, then it should work fine. If you get RTT of greater than 150ms, then I think you're going to have some problems.

Certainly in my network of 20 or so sites, with anywhere from 5-60 users per site, we only have 4 DCs in the domain and only at the larger sites.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content