Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Site to Site VPN between a Windows 7 machine and CISCO ASR 1000

I have a Windows 7 Machine which establishes a IKEv2 Machine certificate based remote access VPN with a Windows Server 2012. We are trying to replace the server with a CISCO ASR 1000 router. I am able to successfuly establish a remote access VPN with CISCO router. I would like to know if it is possible to make this remote access VPN work as a site to site VPN, i.e. machines connected behind Windows 7 can also access the network via VPN interface.

From Windows 7 side, it simply forwards all traffic to VPN interface as it is set as default gateway interface. It also receives Any traffic from this interface and forwards it to local clients. I can say this because we have prototyped this solution with a Windows Server 2012 already.

The current understanding is that this solution will not work with a CISCO ASR router because it will not map a subnet to IP tunnel in case of remote access VPN. Is there a way to make it work somehow?

Everyone's tags (4)
Views
Helpful
Replies