Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Site to site vpn - hang

Hi all,

I setup a site to site vpn between location A and location B.

The setup is working and both location can see each other.

Now the problem is last weekend the vpn is not UP although the Internet is accesibble. The solution is i power off - on the ASA 5510 and the vpn connection is UP again.

This already occurs 2 times. The 1st times is 4 month back. The 1st time i thought is nothing, but the 2nd time, I really need to know what wrong?

Does it hang or what?

I attach the configuration of the ASA 5510 at location A that i reboot.

2 Replies 2

satya mothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nizam,

I think As of now u can't get xa't answer, but when problem hap'n again plz check the ISP side any errors at Internet router.Many of the site to site VPN hang issues are resolved after fixing the CRC errors that we were encountering on our Internet router. So you may check for such errors on your Internet router as well.

Try this command 1st and then check CRC.

clear isakmp sa peer

(Please rate if it helpful)

Regards,

Satya.M

My internet router is a Cisco 887. I'm using ADSL line. During the problem, the internet is working fine. I don't restart the 887. Only restart the ASA5510 and the problem solved. Does you recomend that if it happen again check the CRC error at 887?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: