cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

site to site VPN only initial by one side ping

alan-wong
Level 1
Level 1

I am using asa5505(8.2) SiteA iskamp site to site VPN to SiteB asa5515x(8.6) ikev1. The tunnel will up and running only if initial ping from SiteA

I don't know why tunnel cannot up and running if I try to initial ping from siteB. Is there any setup I miss that I can make both site initial ping to bring up tunnel?

Both site A 5505 and B 5515x are using static IP for peer.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are a couple of parameters in the IPSec-config that can cause this behaviour if they don't match on both sides. Start with checking that the entries in your Crypto-ACL are really mirrored. That's what I have seen most often with this problem. Check also if you have configured "initiate-only" or "respond-only" on your ASAs which could also cause this problem.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

There are a couple of parameters in the IPSec-config that can cause this behaviour if they don't match on both sides. Start with checking that the entries in your Crypto-ACL are really mirrored. That's what I have seen most often with this problem. Check also if you have configured "initiate-only" or "respond-only" on your ASAs which could also cause this problem.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App