Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN Tunnel is Not Coming between 2 Routers

haithamnofal
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I have 2 branch routers being configured for site-to-site VPN, but the tunnel is not coming!

I ran debug and I am attaching herwith the output for your kind review and recommendation. I am also attaching here the configs of the 2 branch routers.

Any idea on why the Site-to-site VPN is not coming up?

Regards,

Haitham

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You got it!

Only because you re-used the same crypto map for both the lan to lan and the vpn-client traffic.

this from the DOC CD

no-xauth

(Optional) Use this keyword if router-to-router IP Security (IPSec) is on the same crypto map as a Virtual Private Network (VPN)-client-to-Cisco-IOS IPSec. This keyword prevents the router from prompting the peer for extended authentication (Xauth) information (username and password).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

joe19366
Level 1
Level 1

on the HQ and the branch please put

crypto isakmp key ****** address X.X.X.X NO-XAUTH

at the end of your crypto isakmp key.

-Joe

Hi Joe,

Yes it worked perfectly...

So, what is the need for NO-XAUTH here, I have configured multiple site-to-site VPNs without using this keyword?!

Is it because I am configuring remote access VPN on the HQ router?

Regards,

Haitham

You got it!

Only because you re-used the same crypto map for both the lan to lan and the vpn-client traffic.

this from the DOC CD

no-xauth

(Optional) Use this keyword if router-to-router IP Security (IPSec) is on the same crypto map as a Virtual Private Network (VPN)-client-to-Cisco-IOS IPSec. This keyword prevents the router from prompting the peer for extended authentication (Xauth) information (username and password).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: