Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

SSL VPN 25 user license - Cannot get more than 2 SSL VPN connections

Hi,

I just installed a 25 User Premium user license for SSL VPN on my Cisco ASA5505.  Although it states the license is installed I still can only get two SSL VPN Anyconnect client connections and the third one consistently fails.  What am I missing?

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: SSL VPN 25 user license - Cannot get more than 2 SSL VPN con

Thanks for posting back to the forum and indicating that the problem was solved, and what caused the problem and what was done to resolve the problem. It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can also read what the problem turned out to be and what was done to resolve the problem, I believe that this is also a good example to remind us that sometimes the problem is not in our configuration or even in the box that we are administering. So sometimes we need to look beyond our normal focus to find the source of the problem.

Marking the question as solved makes it even more obvious to readers that they will find a solution to the problem. So thanks for marking the problem as solved.

HTH

Rick

3 REPLIES

Hi,

Not sure why this is happening.

I assume that you're running ASA OS 8.3 and that you reload the ASA after installing the SSL Premium license since it's showing correctly.

When the third SSL AnyConnect client connection fails what log do you get?

What is the output of ''sh vpn-sessiondb summary'' for SSL and ''sh crypto ssl''

You can also enable ''debug vpn-sessiondb 127'' when attempting the connection.

Federico.

Well, I did find the problem.  There was a problem with the third computer I was testing with.  I can in fact have 3 simultaneous users on my ASA5505 with the 25 user license.  The problem was on the third computer.  I am working from behind a corporate enterprise proxy and I need to add a static entry into a hosts file on the PC for the name of the ASA5505 that is reached across the Internet via our corporate proxy.  This was missing from the third computer I was tesing with.

The issue is solved now.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thanks for posting back to the forum and indicating that the problem was solved, and what caused the problem and what was done to resolve the problem. It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can also read what the problem turned out to be and what was done to resolve the problem, I believe that this is also a good example to remind us that sometimes the problem is not in our configuration or even in the box that we are administering. So sometimes we need to look beyond our normal focus to find the source of the problem.

Marking the question as solved makes it even more obvious to readers that they will find a solution to the problem. So thanks for marking the problem as solved.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content