Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

mig

SSL-VPN and NAT?

Hi,

is it possible to use SSL-VPN (anyconnect) on a Cisco2811 (client -> router) and then using NAT to translate the IP of the client for connecting to the network behind the router?

The problem I see is there is no interface to use "ip nat inside" on the router.

Can you help me?

Thx

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SSL-VPN and NAT?

I am not sure I understand your question. What exactly are you trying to do?

You can use AnyConnect on a 2811 as long as you are running 12.4(15)T1 advipservices or higher.

mig

The SSL-VPN connection works fine but I want to NAT (PAT) the IP-address of the VPN-client to the network behind the router, there is a dial-up connection (ISDN) to the customer. Do you understand me?

Since you can assign the SSL client an IP address from a pool in the router you should not require NAT. The Pool subnet you assign to the client can be in any subnet you want - even the local LAN subnet.

So, to answer your question I don't beleive there is a way to NAt the client IP, but since you can control the IP assigned to the client, there should be no need to run NAT.

mig

This is correct, I can assign each IP to the client. But i want to PAT (dynamic NAT) the clients IP to the customer with an official IP.

There is a document in the Cisco support site that explains this. I would post the link, but Since you have access to this forum, then it is a matter of using the search tool on the webpage.

In a nut shell, just add the IP ranges you want natted to the PAT scope, and voila. There is also an alternate way involving either route-maps or the webvpn config itself. However its easier for you.

mig

Thank you for your hint.

Can you help me again with posting the link to this document?

Thx

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content