Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SSL VPN functionality on the ASA

Hi

I’ve got a customer that wants to allow remote users to access different servers using RDP. User A should not be able to access User B servers. The customer wants the user once connected to be offered a page of the sites he/she can RDP to. User A might have 10 servers and User B have 2 servers. User A should only see the 10 RDP connections they can access and User B only see the 2 sites they can access.

There could be up to 250 user groups each needing to see a different subset of servers they can access. They need to access the servers using RDP which would be initiated by clicking on the relevant URL offered by the ASA.

Looking at the ASA I can see how we could use ACL’s applied to a group to limit where a user can get to. But I can’t see how we can give each user a different view, and we don’t want to put up 300 URLs on one webpage that users would have to scroll through to find their individual links.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

SSL VPN functionality on the ASA

Cleveland,

You can use webvpn clientless + RDP (or RDP2 plugin) or clientless + smart tunnel of mstsc.exe.

Every user group could have set of bookmarks tied to a URL they access.

For example;

asa.mydomain.tld/A

asa.mydomain.tld/B

would have all a different set of bookrmaks on the clientless portal.

(You can place additional restrictions with webtype ACLs)

Alternative is to give everyone Anyconnect and filter if needed with ACL or vpn-filter.

M.

Views
Helpful
Replies