Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN license

bentoncentral
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure SSL VPN on a 2911 ISR using Cisco Configuration professional.

Whenever I go to SSL VPN Manager and try to "Create a new SSL VPN" it tells me the license is inactive.

However, when I do a show license in the CLI, it says under feature SSL_VPN the period is lifetime, type is permanent and state is active, not in use.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

-shawn

5 Replies 5

Jay Young
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shawn,

Is SSL_VPN an option under the following command:

license boot module c2900 technology-package SSL_VPN

-Jay

Jay,

It lists 3 possible options and SSL VPN is not one of them.

-shawn

Shawn,

I am doing a little more research on this.  Would you be able to send me a copy of the "show license" output.  You can always send me a private message if it contains some private info.

I have noticed that there is an issue if the EULA has not been accepted yet to work around that do the following:

Make sure that you have the licence boot configured for securityk9 and from exec prompt try the following:

Router#license modify priority SSL_VPN high

This should then present you with the EULA.  Once you have accepted and got the securityk9 license set for boot, reload and you should now be able to configure webvpn.

-Jay

I think I'm going to stick with routing security is a headache heh.

So I set the priority to high and for some reason it swtiched from licenses to evaluation for the ssl. I set it to medium and it switched back now with a active license.

So I was able to configure it using Ciscp CP. Unfortunately either I'm missing something simple or it won't work in a test environment.

I coult not find a walkthrough with CP only SDM and its too different to follow.

Any good guides or tips? thanks.

Shawn,

Attached you can find a config example on how to configure anyconnect on IOS.  At the bottom there is the command line configuration, perhaps you can see something in your config that you are missing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_configuration_example09186a0080af314a.shtml#results

-Jay

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: