Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN - Smart Tunnels

Si
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

Weve hit a brick wall with the SSL Portal we are developing. Some internal web apps dont work throught he portal. So weve tried Content Rewrite, Proxy By Pass and clicking the Smart Tunnel option on the book mark .

Testing internally the Smart Tunnel loads the app in another window and works fine. Testing Externally we get a blank page saying it cannot be loaded

Initally we thought DNS but this was a blank path also.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Si

3 Replies 3

Si
Level 1
Level 1

Further to my last email. Weve proven now that the Smart Tunnel doesnt appear to be looking at the DNS through the Portal as expected. We've added the DNS name we want to work to Public DNS and the tunnel now works.

So my question is, why isnt the tunnel using the DefaultDNS set on the portal? Should we be port forwarding DNS queries?
Thanks
S

I was running into similar issue when enabling smart tunnel for a particular web application. I was almost going to configure public dns has you mention but for some curiosity reasons I gave one more try and what i found is when you configure smart tunnel you have two options either to provide IP address or hostname. Normally being a network guy we prefer IP address. 

So for DNS to work you need to configure smart tunnel with IP / hostname depending on what the application / URL is set to use.

In my case and I am sure in your case you are using hostname so changing the smart tunnel parameter from IP to hostname the DNS started working.

Hope this help's

Thanks for the response. It was that long ago i think i found this started working

S

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: