Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Start Before Logon Feature

Hi,

I'm evalutating the secure mobility client and I'm trying to enable the SBL feature. According to the documentation, in order to enable it on the ASDM I have to change Step 5 below. I do not have this option. I only have VPNGINA which my understanding is clients Pre- Windows Vista/7.

I've downloaded the module to enable SBL from cisco (anyconnect-gina-win-3.0.5080-web-deploy-k9-lang.zip).

Not sure how to get this to install automatically with the initial install from the ASA device. I've enabled it in the profile but just can't seem to find the right option in the ASA.

My ultimate goal is to have users hit a weburl and automatically download the client (with the SBL module). I just can't seem to get the module to install.

I'm running versions (not sure if this is the issue):

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 8.2(1)

Device Manager Version 6.2(1)

Thanks

Enabling SBL on the Security Appliance

To minimize download time, AnyConnect requests downloads (from the ASA) only of core modules that it needs for each feature that it supports. To enable SBL, you must specify the SBL module name in group policy on the ASA. Follow this procedure:

Step 1 Go to Configuration > Remote Access VPN > Network (Client) Access > Group Policies.

Step 2 Select a group policy and click Edit. The Edit Internal Group Policy window displays.

Step 3 Select Advanced > SSL VPN Client in the left-hand navigation pane. SSL VPN settings display.

Step 4 Uncheck Inherit for the Optional Client Module for Download setting.

Step 5 Select the Start Before Logon module in the drop-down list. (This does not exist for me, only VPNGINA)

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

GINA==SBL.  That document needs to be edited for clarity. 

Hi Jason,

I would agree with that except the version 3 document of the Secure Mobility client specifically calls out that VPNGINA refers to pre-Windows Vista/7 systems.

Here is the note:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/administration/guide/ac03vpn.html#wp1134595

Note In this section, VPNGINA refers to the Start Before Logon feature for pre-Vista platforms, and PLAP refers to the Start Before Logon feature for Windows 7 and Vista systems.

Also, there is the module to download from Cisco. I downloaded this file and it seems to be a Microsoft Transforrm file. Ideally I would like this to be deployed with the install from the ASA. Not sure if it's possible or not.

Thanks
Jay

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content