Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Step by Step Basic 2 x SRP527W's site to site.

Hello,

Have been hunting through these posts but can't find the exact situation I have.

Apologies for all those who understand how these things work but this is a first time introduction for me.

I have just decommsioned a ropey SBS2003 which was acting the VPN into my office.

I have upgraded 2 x netgear routers (DG834GT at the office and DG834PN at home).

These have been replaced with 2 x Cisco SRP 527w's

I have no experience with Cisco routers but understand that the connection can be made site to site using just the 2 SRP's.

Can someone please just clarify the process from creating the policies to initiating the connection

Found much on IOS and command line but none that actually run through this type of GUI setup through to initiating the connections

and browsing the remote LAN.

I'm assuming the following.

1. Create an IKE policy at office (desn't seem to be a way of "activating" this once submitted!

2. Create an IPSec policy at office

3. Create an GRE Policy at office (or is this not necessary if IKE is configured)

4. Enable the IPSec policy (with the check box after submitting the policy)

5. Repeat at home substituting the ip's for the respective destinations.

6. Ping office from home (or vice versa)

7. Connection established

8. Browse office LAN from home using my laptop.

Sorry for the laymans terms but if someone could just confirm if I need to learn more about VPN's or is this essentially

correct.

Most threads seem to be including DC's or SRP to another router or IOS configuration.

I just want the most basic secure connection VPN that will allow me to connect to my office LAN, browse resources / printers etc.

and a NAS so I can sync files from the field back to the office.

I hoped that using 2 x the same hardware would make this straightforward.

Thanks in advance.

Dean

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content