Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Strange 'drop' issue with ASA 5505

We have a IP based time clock at a client whom we provide staffing services for plugged in to an ASA 5505. After a seemingly random amount of time, the VPN connection drops, but not fully. As soon as a computer is plugged in behind the ASA and powered on, the connection is fully restored. While the connection is 'down' it still registers on the Concentrator, and after a session reset from the Concentrator the data received remains at 0. On the ASA, the VPN light stays lit, but I can no longer ping the ASA or the time clock behind it. I had a 10 second ping monitor on it and it dropped within an hour. This causes an issue where the time clock is unusable. Right now I have a laptop connected behind the ASA at the client's location and am RDP'd into it with a steady ping to one of domain controllers. I can post the config, but since it is working, for up to a month and a half at a time, I don't know if it would help. It is set up as EasyVPN to a Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator. The client is using Comcast cable Business Class, but I do not know if he has a static IP.

Views
Helpful
Replies