cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange problem with ASDM

MJonkers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, today we had a strange problem with one of our 5550. I was working via ASDM on it and suddenly I could not connect to it via asdm over the management interface or the inside interface. Nothing helped.

When I connected with a vpn and then use asdm it works. My ip on the network when it did not work was 1xx.xxx.81.235. When I use vpn it was a different ip 1xx.xxx.55.1. I can build (with vpn) an connection over the inside interface with asdm.

I tried to shut and no shut the man interface nothing helped.

Can it be that the asa things i am an intruder and dynamically blocks my netwerk range? If so where can I find this info.

Other users of our team had the same problem.

I also checked the syslog nothing.

thx,

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stevjarbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Although I never experienced this myself, but if the running-config hasn't changed and worked before its possible that the ASA

may have shunned your connection??

From CLI do:

# sh shun

look if your IP address is present, if so do:

# clear shun

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/protect.html#wp1058270

More than likely this is do to a change made to the running-configuration, I would start by reviewing a previously working running-config with a the present running-config.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

stevjarbeck
Level 1
Level 1

Although I never experienced this myself, but if the running-config hasn't changed and worked before its possible that the ASA

may have shunned your connection??

From CLI do:

# sh shun

look if your IP address is present, if so do:

# clear shun

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/protect.html#wp1058270

More than likely this is do to a change made to the running-configuration, I would start by reviewing a previously working running-config with a the present running-config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: