Views
Helpful
Replies

tunnel up but no ping from asa inside interface

kolawole1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

i am establish a vpn tunnel between cisco asa 5510 and a cisco router.The tunnel is up and i can ping both crypto interfaces.Also from the asa console i can ping the lan interface of the router but from the router i can not ping the lan interface of the asa this message shows up in the log

%ASA-3-713042: IKE Initiator unable to find policy: Intf liaison_BLR, Src: 128.2

23.125.232, Dst: 129.223.123.234

Here is the config of the equipements.

I was able to successfully establish an ipsec tunnel with another 1841 ROUTER.I am having 1 hub site and 3 remotes sites with asa as hub.

Please Help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

auraza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your crypto ACLs aren't matching. They need to be exact mirrors of each other.

Also, you may want to consider fixing the security-levels on the interfaces. They are all set to 0. Set the internal/private ones to a higher value.

Let me know how it goes.

PS. If you find this post helpful, please rate it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

auraza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your crypto ACLs aren't matching. They need to be exact mirrors of each other.

Also, you may want to consider fixing the security-levels on the interfaces. They are all set to 0. Set the internal/private ones to a higher value.

Let me know how it goes.

PS. If you find this post helpful, please rate it.

Thanks you i was able to solve the issue it was the matching of the access-lists.

Thanks big Boss

Thanks to the Netpro community.

rimbertr1
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you are using the lan interface of your router to ping (by default the router will use the external interface - the crypto interface). Type ping with no other parameters and make sure to choose 'y' for extended commands to choose which interface to use to ping.