cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uninstall VPN client 4.6 failed

wjemail
Level 1
Level 1

A user failed when he tried to uninstall the VPN client 4.6.00.0049 from windows 2000 pro. The first error message he met was 'Deterministic network error: remove plugin failed'; then 'Error 1722', finally 'fatal error during installation'. Could anyone tell me the reason and how to resolve the issue? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

wjemail
Level 1
Level 1

Did anybody have the similar experience? It will be highly appreciated if your experience can be shared.

You are most likely experiencing bug - CSCdx51632

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2308/prod_release_note09186a00802d398a.html

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thanks for your information. However, my problem happened when I tried to uninstall the VPN client. Furthermore, I tried to uninstall the client manually according to the guide in Cisco website (for version 3.5 and later), horrible things happened: first, some of the registry entries and files could not be removed (I have stopped the VPN services via msconfig); second, after i finished all the stpes, all my network drivers didn't work. I am not sure if cisco has any method to solve the issue.