Helpful
Replies

upgradation of anyconnect

chaitanya051
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,
I have a scenario.
Say, I have a machine with Windows 7 64 bit installed on it.
As we all know a few software donot have 64 bit versions as yet, so say im now using a 32 bit version of a software 'cisco anyconnect'. lets call the version v1.
now say, we have newer version available for 'cisco anyconnect' which goes by the name v2.
now v2 is prepared to support 64 bit and I d obviously want to have that on my machine.
So, if I try to install v2 on my machine , what will happen???
Will v1 cease to exist and get upgraded to v2??
or will a seperate installation happen for v2 with all the corresponding files copied to a newer folder, say C:\\programfile\x64???
Will v1 and v2 coexist?

I would also like to know about the registries, whether they would be any different from the 32 bit ones!

Please answer

Thanks in advance!!

1 Reply 1

Todd Pula
Level 7
Level 7

AnyConnect is not a native 64-bit application.  Only components required for 64bit operation are compiled this way.  The upgrade process should be transparent to the user.  For Windows, there is no differentiation between 32-bit and 64-bit.  You will download the same .pkg file and upload it to the ASA (for weblaunch).  For example, you previously loaded the AnyConnect 2.4.1025 package to the ASA.  During the initial connection attempt, the 2.4 client was installed on the remote workstations.  You then decide to upgrade to 2.5.2001.  To accomplish this, you will simply upload the new package file to the ASA and ensure that it is at the top of the installed package sort order.  The next time a client connects, the AnyConnect client will be upgraded to the 2.5.2001 release.  You will not have both the 2.4 and 2.5 clients installed at the same time.

Todd

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: