cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade PIX515e to ASA55XX

Mario Musquiz
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change a PIX515e to a new ASA5500 Series, the PIX515e is only use for VPN users from 70-80 users, not site to site, which ASA can replace the PIX515 and do i need extra licensing to support all the users ?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA 5512X is the entry level model in the new line and would be more than adequate.

You should order it with AnyConnect Essentials license (supporting up to 250 simultaneous users). I would strongly encourage Smartnet support which will give you hardware, software and technical assistance. Otherwise you're at the mercy of reading the manual and asking for help from strangers here and elsewhere.

There are higher cost licensing options to get things like mobile device access, clientless SSL VPN portal, endpoint assessment etc. but the ones I mentioned at first will already be comparable Cisco IPSec client and more.

These would be the line items, including 8x5xNBD Smartnet (last item):

ASA5512-K9

ASA-AC-E-5512=

CON-SNT-A12K9

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The ASA 5512X is the entry level model in the new line and would be more than adequate.

You should order it with AnyConnect Essentials license (supporting up to 250 simultaneous users). I would strongly encourage Smartnet support which will give you hardware, software and technical assistance. Otherwise you're at the mercy of reading the manual and asking for help from strangers here and elsewhere.

There are higher cost licensing options to get things like mobile device access, clientless SSL VPN portal, endpoint assessment etc. but the ones I mentioned at first will already be comparable Cisco IPSec client and more.

These would be the line items, including 8x5xNBD Smartnet (last item):

ASA5512-K9

ASA-AC-E-5512=

CON-SNT-A12K9