Views
Helpful
Replies

Using a Cisco VPN on an iPad and incorporating RSA tokens

Luxpa1992
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco community,

I have what seems like a simple question.  I have nearly no network experience so I'm hoping someone here can just answer this.  I have this iPad project for my internship in which they want to create remote access to their network using a VPN and a soft/hard security token.  It would appear they already use RSA hard tokens for their current VPN connections from home.  They use laptops at their homes but wish to start using iPads as well.  So my question is, can an iPad support a Cisco VPN using a RSA hard token authentication? I just need a concrete answer to give to the management at work, and literally just need to give them somewhere to start.  Thank you for taking the time to read my question and answer it.

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Phil,

Anyconnect on iphone/ipad/ipod should be able to handle hardtoken auth, but itegration with softoken might be problematic (last time I heard it was not supported at all).

M.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Luxpa1992
Level 1
Level 1

Bump*

I tried calling Cisco but without an actual contract I can't talk to an engineer.  Can anyone please help? I only have a few days until my presentation.

Phil,

Anyconnect on iphone/ipad/ipod should be able to handle hardtoken auth, but itegration with softoken might be problematic (last time I heard it was not supported at all).

M.

I believe the company uses hard tokens anyway.  Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question.

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: