Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Vritual IP as the IPSec Peer

krishna.vv
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I have two routers at location A which are connected to Site B using two leased lines. I need to run IP Sec Between Location A and Location B.

I want to know if i can configure the virtual IP of the HSRP Group pointing towards the LAN of the Location A as my IPSec Peer on the router at Location B.

Request your kind assitance.

Best Regards,

Vamsi Krishna

3 Replies 3

attrgautam
Level 5
Level 5

Use the crypto map redundancy on the outgoing interface in the Location A but ensure u dont encrypt traffic to the HSRP VIP.

Unfortunately, as i mentioned the HSRP is on the LAN Side and the LAN traffic between location A and Location B need to be encrypeted.

Do u have any document or a link which explains a bit better on the scenario i mentioned.

Waiting your reply.

Thanks.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122limit/122y/122ye/1229ye/12yipsec.htm#wp1042341

This is the link. But i dont think you can use the LAN side as the HSRP has to be configured on the interface where crypto is to be applied. What exactly is the scenario you are looking at ? maybe it can be redesigned using DPD and RRI