Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Variation on common RV042 VPN problem

I am having trouble connecting to an RV042 router using the QuickVPN Client. I have been able to conenct in the past but when trying this time ran into problems. I have upgraded the firmware and client to the newest versions. Here is the twist. If I reset the router to the factory defaults, then go to the VPN Client Access tab and add a user, generate and export new certificates, then try to connect it works just fine. As soon as I try to change anything I can no longer connect. For instance in system management if I switch from smart link backup to load balanced and save it I can no longer connect. I was able to change the admin password and still connect but anything more significant and I immediately can no longer connect. I also can not connect if I put the setting back to it's original value. So if I change load balanced back to smart link backup and save it again I still can't connect. If I reset it back to factory and do the inital setup again I can connect again. Would anything else be changing when I save the Dual-WAN settings? It seems odd that it would work, but when changed and immediately changed back it will no longer work. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Re: Variation on common RV042 VPN problem

Hi Mark,

It seems strange.

Can you get the logs when attempting a failed VPN connection (after doing a change)?

Federico.

Views
Helpful
Replies