Views
Helpful
Replies

Video Streaming Issue Over VPN Connection

andrewburridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Bit of a weird problem that I'm hoping you could help with.  We have a server in a remote location that streams webcasts to other offices across the WAN.  Webcasts work absolutely fine from the remote offices themselves, but not over VPN.  Over a client VPN connection, the videos are constantly buffering, they never fully load.

At first I thought that this would be down to the end user connections being poor, but this issue is also evident if I VPN in from one of the remote offices, essentially keeping all the traffic local to the comapny ifrastructure.  Basically, with exactly the same LAN connection and WAN circuit, and the only difference being the traffic going over the old Cisco IPSec client, there is this buffering issue.

A packet trace on the client shows a lot of duplicate ACKs and retransmits, about 4x the amount when not going through the VPN connection.

Any ideas on what could be happening?

Thanks!

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: