Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Vista Client update problems.

New Vista machine that had version 5.0.00.0340 client installed, but I kept getting "Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter" errors after disconnecting from a VPN and attempting to connect to another VPN later. Notes indicated that this problem was fixed in Cisco VPN Client 5.0.03.0530.

I downloaded version 5.0.05.0280 for Vista. I first uninstalled the previous version and attempted to install the new client. However I am getting an Error 28000 telling me that I still have to uninstall the older client.

I have run "MsiZap TWA! vncclient_setup.msi" but it does not resolve the problem.

I can not install either version of the client now.

3 REPLIES

Re: Vista Client update problems.

Some weird voodoo going on.

I manually searched for Cisco in the registry editor and deleted keys from old control sets. When I attempted the installation last evening I still got the 28000 error.

This morning when I ran the install, it ran just fine.

I am having this same exact error message. I installed the latest Cisco VPN client 5.0.05.0280 on a Vista laptop and I am still getting the "Reason 442: failed to enable virtual adapter" when I try to connect to the VPN. I've reset the NIC the virtual adapter.

Also I forgot to mention I also have the UAC disabled and I followed the directions here:

Duplicate IP Address Triggers Error 442 on Windows Vista

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client500_501/release/notes/51client.html#wp1584552

Still getting the error.

Views
Helpful
Replies