cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

VOIP over VPN need clarification

Hi,

Recently I have implemented Site-to-Site VPN between ASA and sonic wall firewall.

Problem: I can able to make call from ASA side(inside) Ip phone to sonic wall (inside) side Ip phone and vice versa and it’s ringing, But not able to hear voice. So I created VOIP over VPN configuration and applied appropriate service policy towards outside interface. But still I was not able to hear voice.

Tried below mentioned t’shot steps:

From ASA side we had two subnets (10.20.1.x/24 – Data and 10.20.2.x/24 – Voice ) and one subnet (192.168.x.x/24 ) from sonic wall side as interesting traffic ( lan to lan). When I configured site-to-site configuration on both ends my phase-1 and phase-2 came UP and can able to communicate between each other. (In interesting traffic I created two objects and bind those objects as one object-group for source i.e. ASA side lan subnet and one object for remote-Lan as destination)

My call manager is rest behind ASA and Ip phones needs to communicate from sonic wall side to inside ASA.

I can able to make call from ASA side(inside) Ip phone to sonic wall (inside) side Ip phone and vice versa and it’s ringing, But not able to hear voice. So I created VOIP over VPN configuration and applied appropriate service policy towards outside interface. But still I was not able to hear voice.

So, I  done supernetting the data subnet and voice subnet into single network i.e. 10.20.x.x/16 at ASA side and applied the configuration changes (changed ACL, nonat rule, Voice QOS ACL accordingly), and I’m able to hear voice both end and I can communicate properly from ASA inside Ip phone to Sonic wall inside Ip phone and vice versa.

My question: I’m not understanding the logic how this supernetting resolved dead voice issue.

Pls clarify my question I’m bit confused on this.

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content