Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3005 Remote Access Problem

msrohman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Our company is having an intermittent problem when establishing a VPN tunnel.

VPN client: Cisco VPN client version 5.0.02 & version 4.7.00

VPN client config: IPSEC over UDP

Transparent Tunneling Enabled

VPN concentrator: VPN 3005, vpn3005-4.7.2.B-k9.bin

Problem:

It's an intermittent problem. The VPN client will connect and authentication via RSA SecurID. The tunnel will become successfully established. However, no IP traffic will pass between the client and the "internal" network behind the VPN 3005 Concentrator.

When the problem exists, I examine the VPN Tunnel | Stats window.

It lists the following:

Bytes

Received: 0

Sent: 91074

Packets

Encrypted: 1186

Decrypted: 0

Discarded: 256

ByPassed: 278

Does anyone have any idea as to where the problem may lie? It's pretty intermittent, but I does fairly often.

As always, thanks for your help.

-Mike

5 Replies 5

mulatif
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

Most probably the ESP traffic is getting blocked between the VPN Client and Concentrator.

Have you tried using IPSecOverUDP Or IPSecOverTCP option ?

Thanks,

Naman

Thanks for the reply, Naman.

No, I have tried the IPSecOverUDP or IPSecOverTCP option.

Do you know of the link that contains that information? I'll start researching it.

-Mike

Mike

I have sometimes had some success with symptoms like this if I have the client change the transport tab (open the VPN client, select the profile, select modify, select the transport tab) to switch from UDP to TCP or the other way.

I believe that I have seen this type of symptom and when I had the person do an ipconfig, there was an incorrect gateway address. You might check this the next time you run into this problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

As always, thanks for the advice Rick. I appreciate it.

-Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: